Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Looking Forward: July



Sometimes it's really hard for me to keep track of what comes out what month, especially while juggling early reviews and publisher catalogues and all the other confusing bookish things bloggers deal with. It's just a LOT OF BOOKS ALL THE TIME. How do you ever keep them straight?! So on the last day of the month, I post a guide to what books I'm most looking forward to in the following month and that you should keep an eye on. So, since it's now JULY OH MY GOD, here are the July releases most tempting me.

Book of the month:


July 7th: The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. For once, the blurb description mash-up thingy is dead accurate, because this is so totally Veronica Mars meets Scandal.

July 7th


The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
The sequel to The Kiss of Deception, one of my favorite crack fantasies of last year

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
SOMETHING ABOUT A LIBRARY AND MAGIC IDK IT SOUNDS AWESOME

Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Romanian! Historical! Shapeshifter! Heiresses!

Don't Ever Change by M. Beth Bloom
This cover kiiiiinda looks like a boob, but it still sounds like a pretty nifty book regardless.

July 14th




Ruthless by Carolyn Lee Adams
I'm in the mood for THRILLERS

Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
THIS BOOK IS DELIGHTFUL AND SWOONY AND FUN PLEASE READ IT

A School for Brides by Patricia Kindl
Regency funtimes.

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street by Natasha Pulley 
THAT COVER. TIMEY WIMEY. YAS.

July 21st



Pretending to be Erica by Michelle Painchaud
MORE THRILLERS. This time with a CON. I looooove cons.

Damage Done by Amanda Panitch
I think this is witness protection? Yes? I love witness protection. I watched so many seasons of that semi terrible USA show In Plain Sight

The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy Reichert 
Adult book but ROMANCE in the vein of You've Got Mail but between a chef and a food critic!! This is Gillian crack all the way.

What about you? What book are you most looking forward to this July?

6 comments:

  1. Currently reading Rebel Mechanics and it totally is so fun thus far! I'm enjoying it a lot.
    Also SUPER excited about Heart of Betrayal, very curious about Pretending to be Erica, aaaand you and Shae have basically inadvertently talked me into picking up The Fixer! So, yeah, yay July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Heart of Betrayal was BRILLIANT. I was really surprised by how much I wound up loving that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARG now I want some cake - that coconut cake looks superb.

    I requested the ARC for The Fixer. I overlooked it because it looked so derivative, and now I regret this choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY WOW! WHAT BOOKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved THE FIXER, and PRETENDING TO BE ERICA, and DAMAGE DONE, and I'm definitely excited for COCONUT CAKE as I am allllll things foodie <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to the book store today. I miiiiight be picking up Ink and Bone. It sounds so good!
    All We Have is Now comes out later this month... it looks pretty cute. End of the world, friends-to-more romance.
    Happy reading this month, lady!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)