Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

The YA Sorting Hat: #BacktoHogwarts Edition! (6)




One day, I asked myself the not at all ridiculous question, "Which houses would I sort my favorite literary characters into?" So got Ye Olde Sorty out of the Headmaster's office and put him on the job of sorting some of my favorite non-Harry Potter characters into Hogwarts Houses.

Last time on The YA Sorting Hat

It's September first! Which means all the witchy kiddos are on the train on the way to Hogwarts/already there because Scotland is in the future. So it's a perfect day to Sort some YA characters!



Laia from An Ember in the Ashes and A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

Laia is (almost foolishly) brave and self-sacrificing, putting herself in inordinate danger to save her brother. Pure Gryffindor, this one, for better or for (muchmuchmuch) worse.

Alanna of Trebond from The Song of the Lioness quartet by Tamora Pierce

LADY KNIGHT. Definition of Slytherin right there. Never met a weakling she didn't want to defend or a problem she didn't want to stab.

Inej Ghafa from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

LBR, all of Kaz's crew would be very comfortable in Slytherin (except for precious Wylan, obviously), but behind Inej's ruthless, calculated, silent, and still exterior beats a fierce Gryffindor heart. Girl has been through, survived, and overcome a lot, and, well, I won't spoil things, but the plan she comes up with in SoC for her future life is the most gloriously Gryffindor moment of moments.

Sydney Sage from Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Classic egghead, that Sydney. I bet the hat didn't even touch her heat before it shouted "RAVENCLAW!!!" with at least three exclamation points.

Tess Kendrick from The Fixer and The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Tess is probably a Gryffindor in Ravenclaw's clothing, but her ruthless edge, cool intellect, and brilliant maneuvering make her a pretty good Ravenclaw candidate.



Wylan Van Eck from Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Precious, precious Wylan.

Noah Czerny from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater

Precious, precious Noah. Highlight for spoiler: And the Fat Friar would love the company.


Kate Harker from This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

Girl burned down a church to get where she wanted. That is some A+ Slytherin-ing. Kate knows what she wants and she's going to get it.

Lada from And I Darken by Kiersten White

Ditto above. Also she's Vlad the Impaler. So.


So, agree with my Sortings? Disagree? Who would you like to see Sorted next?

4 comments:

  1. Somehow I still haven't read This Savage Song (WHAT?! I know, I cannot believe or understand it either) but I have to say Lada IS Slytherin through and through!
    And yes, darling Inej is a Gryffindor for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on Laia from An Ember in the Ashes! Some of the other books I have yet to read. Although I have read Six of Crows but for some read reason I am struggling to remember a lot of details. What is wrong with me?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm all for Inej as a Gryffindor. And Noah and Wylan in Hufflepuff? Yes!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you've made me want to read some of these even more now! Because I can't comment on most of the sortings as I haven't yet read the books. Boooo!

    ReplyDelete

Note: comments on posts older than 90 days are automatically moderated, so they won't show up here immediately. Thanks for commenting! :)